Sunday, June 14, 2009

Give me a sign

When I was little my mom often used the expression: "there is more between heaven and earth" in Dutch: "er is meer tussen hemel en aarde".
It's an expression that has always intrigued me.

When I walked into the yoga room on Thursday morning I felt I had nothing to give. The tank was empty. My body and soul felt raw. The first breathing exercise was so hard and my mind would not stop asking me ‘what are you doing here?'.

Determined not to give in I had to dig deep. By the time we got to Awkward pose I looked down at the ground and there is was…..

A crystal clear sign that I was exactly where I needed to be! The rest of my class was solid and I was on a mission to prove I got the message.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing!

Unknown said...

jaaa hoor!

Thijs said...

Was er nog een martijntje daar ;-)

Shannon (Yoga Mama) said...

Um, that is pretty darn cool.

cissy said...

Heel bijzonder!!

Unknown said...

Hi, you're still going strong - well done. The kids and I just went on a Girl Scout Camp, so I'm desperate for my yoga tomorrow - so much food, so little exercise or sleep. WOW you must be on the serious count down, I can't wait to hear your dialogue when you get back. Cheers K